Dulse deshydratÃ©e at low temperature
Organic dehydrated dulse, doypack of 150g.
Dulse algae dehydrated at low temperature, in 150g.
The first traces of the culinary use of red algae (palmaria palmata) goes back to 1400 years! This wild algae multiplies in the Atlantic and the North Pacific oceans, and is harvested from June to October.
Its unique taste close to the hazelnut, sweet and slightly peppered, will flavour and decorate perfectly your salads, sauces, soups. It will enable you to make easy tasty and original algae tartares.
- Like all the seaweeds, the dulse concentrates all the minerals and trace elements from sea water. It is particularly rich in iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron (up to 5 times more than in spinach!)
- The dulse seaweed contains as much proteins as in soybean (20% to 35%). It also has a high content of A, B6, B12, and E vitamins, which makes it a food of choice for vegetarian and vegan diets. It is nicknamed the "bacon from the sea" because of its color and its smoky flavour.
- It is a source of particularly digestable vitamins, to such a point that it is called "natural antibiotic" ! Its richness in C vitamin (two times more than in an orange) is what explains why it was traditionally taken on board by the English sailors, in order to protect them from the scurvy.
- Powerful antioxidant, it helps to prevent the development of some cancers (breast, colon, prostate) as well as the appearance of cardio-vascular diseases.
- Its detoxifying, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties make it an excellent anti-parasitic.
In European exclusivity, and in partnership with Bret'Alg company, we offer you organic Dulse algae flakes, dehydrated at a low temperature (40°C) and presented in a re-sealable kraft packaging, which keeps your algae away from the light.