The raw & vegan shop for everyone
250 mL organic certified first cold-pressed flaxseed oil
This flaxseed oil is of the best possible quality: organic, French and of first cold pressing, it is a method that preserves the bio-compounds present in the seeds and therefore keeps their taste and benefits.
An oil of yellow straw color is obtained, with a fairly neutral smell and taste, slightly bitter. This plant-based oil is the richest in omega-3 fatty acid, making it a valuable food for anyone who pays attention to their cardiovascular health. This is also what makes it very sensitive to heat : when heated the omega-3 are denatured and the oil is no longer consumable.
For your salads, Lebanese tabbouleh, pesto, shallot vinaigrette... Diversify your fatty acid intake with this oil.
Flaxseed oil is also recommended in cosmetics, skin and hair care.
Flaxseed oil is very sensitive, it should be kept in the fridge after opening.
• It is one of the best sources of alpha-linoleic acid in your diet. This essential fatty acid, from omega-6 type, cannot be synthesized by the human body, although it is essential for its proper functioning. It is a metabolic precursor for other fatty acids participating in the maintenance of the good cellular functioning and, especially, the anti-inflammatory reactions, that is to say its importance.
• More generally, the fatty acids contained in flaxseed oil are beneficial for cardiovascular health, immunity and provide energy to our brain cells.
• Several studies in the US and Canada, conducted on mice, demonstrate an anti-tumor action in breast cancers. Omega-3 flaxseed oil could more generally slow the development of cancer cells.
• Budwig cream : banana, cottage cheese, ground oil seeds, ground cereals, lemon juice and a few spoons of linseed oil, mix all the ingredients together and add fresh fruit. The perfect raw breakfast to start on the right foot!
• When applied on the skin, it moisturizes and improves its elasticity. Its texture penetrates easily, leaving your skin supple and without tightness. Surprisingly, its oily appearance should not scare the skin with oily tendencies, linseed oil is recognized for its rebalancing effect.
• Shine mask for hair: 1 half cup of honey, 1 half cup of linseed oil and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. Apply on dry hair, leave on for 30 min, then wash your hair normally.
• To avoid split ends and hair breakage, apply directly to the tips 1h before shampooing.
• Tip if your oil is rancid: you can wax your wooden furniture with it, used alone or with turpentine, it will nourish and waterproof the wood. It can also be used to treat porous floors made of natural stone.
Biovie is very proud of this new collaboration with Yssé. It is a small plant oil factory from Britanny, which gets its supplies mainly from local sectors and presses its organic seeds on a small scale, in an artisanal way, with a mastery of all the stages of the process.
Origin of seeds: France and mainly Grand Ouest.
Yssé exchanges with organic actors in the sector in order to have a match between the crops and the needs, and works in partnership with groups of organic farmers for the financing of studies in order to relocate certain crops in Brittany. In terms of traceability, for hemp and flax, Yssé can go back to the number of the plot from the organic farmer.
Manufacturing process in 1st cold pressing with a French-made screw press.
The artisanal production enables to:
The storage tanks are equipped with a floating cap system (system identical to the wine preservation) in order to limit oxidation during storage.
In order to guarantee the best quality, the oil is packaged very quickly after pressing. Filling is done with nitrogen injection in order to reduce oxidation during the can storage.
Seeds and oils are analyzed by an external laboratory according to a control plan (microbiology, mycotoxin, heavy metals, acidity, fat content, allergen, dioxin, pah...). The fatty acid profiles (including omega-3 and 6) are made on each type of seed according to the control plan. This enables us to confirm the values indicated on the labels.
Biovie offers the "super oils" of flax and hemp seeds from Yssé.
- DMD: 9 months after the date of production
- Packaging: For the packaging, Yssé uses recyclable tinplate cans made in France.
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser