Leave us a message
Fresh organic wakame seaweed, in bulk of 1kg.
The power and freshness of the sea in your plate. Preserved in sea salt, it can be kept 6 months in the refrigerator. Can be eaten after two to three desalting baths.
It can be consumed after two desalting baths. Impossible to poison yourself with seaweeds preserved in salt! The only thing which can happen is the fact that the algae becomes soft more quickly in contact with the preserving salt and it can become more crumbly after a few months.
Desalting: your algae are preserved in salt. Take the desired amount of algae to eat directly as a sa-lad or in another recipe. Soak briefly in water for a first desalination. Rinse, and then discard the water. Let then soak for a minute in enough water amount. Rinse. If the algae does have a too salty taste, rinse a third time.
Wakame is very rich in nutritional elements;
• vitamins: A, B1, B3, B6, B12, B2, B9 and K (like all algae), B5 (pantothenic acid)
• fibers especially soluble fibers: one serving of seaweed can provide you with 8% of the daily amount of recommended fibres; regarding dried seaweeds, the fibres represent 35 to 50% of their weight.
• trace elements: calcium (the wakame is ten times richer in calcium than milk); it is an excellent source of magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, manganese, phosphorus, iodine and zinc.
• fatty acids such as omega 3
• antioxidants, including fucoxanthin, a carotenoid pigment which gives it its brownish color
• phytosterols, compounds, which chemically look like cholesterol and prevent the body from absorbing it .
Non-negligible advantage: wakame is low in calories, its energy value is 45 calories for 100 grams (3g protein, 0.6g fat, 9,14g of carbohydrates and 0.5g fibers)
It is effective for the of skin care: thanks to the fucoidan, an anti-inflammatory, antiviral and healing compound, the wakame calms and purifies the skin subject to pimples. Antioxidant, wakame is a powerful ally in the fight against cancer, the skin degeneration (through the fucoxanthin) and hair degeneration; it could decrease the viability of in vitro colon cancer cells; to fully benefit from its antioxidant effects, it is recommended to consume 3 to 6 grams per day. The richness in fatty acids of the wakame promotes good cholesterol production and cardiovascular health. Because of its high level in iodine, the wakame is an excellent resource to deal with thyroid problems. Finally, wakame could also act at the weight loss level, leading quickly to a feeling of satiety (like all algae in general).
To know more about our algae and where they come from, watch our two reports filmed in Roscoff in Finistère (Brittany), at our partner BRETALG, pioneer of fresh organic Breton algae. True to our values of transparency and integrity, we wanted to show you in video all this sector from the harvest to your plates.
Sea cultivation - From March to June
- Delivery: the algae shipment is carried out in just-in-time production, sometimes a few extra days are necessary to process your order, depending on the day we get new fresh supplies. The algae support easily several days of travel outside the fridge, even during periods of hot weather, thanks to their packaging in salt bath.
You will receive an email on the day of departure of your package, then your tracking number the next day.
The algae can slightly give some water back during the transportation despite a double-wrapping zip. This rarely happens, but if your carton box arrives wet, it is not a major problem, please accept your package and contact us by email to discuss it. In 10 years we have always found amicable agreements, but the refusal of fresh goods means that the goods are lost and we want to prevent these cases.
- DMD: 6 months after the date of production
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser