- Online only
The raw & vegan shop for everyone
Leave us a message
Dried sliced turmeric, raw and organic quality, 200 g
Turmeric is from the same family as ginger, the Zingiberaceae. It is a rhizome with a very intense orange color, native to India and South-East Asia. This spice is, of course, used in cooking for its peppery taste, but it is also appreciated in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine for its many properties and its anti-inflammatory effect. It can be used as a dye: did you know that the orange color of the outfits of Buddhist monks comes from turmeric?
We offer this organic turmeric in "slices" format:
this unique format enables the aromas to be preserved longer than with powdered turmeric. You can grind it at the very last moment and enjoy the freshness and power of its aroma instantly. Slices can also be infused, in a cup of hot water such as in a sauce or broth, in oil, etc. You can then reuse them: it's much more practical than with powder!
Turmeric is dried at low temperature (40°C) so as not to lose any of its properties.Cultivated mainly in India and Asia, our turmeric comes from the island of Madagascar.
Curcumin is the major active ingredient in turmeric.
• Cancer: curcumin inhibits the proliferation of cancerous cells at various stages of their development and at the same time supports the production of enzymes which help the body to get rid of these cancerous cells. On the preventive side, the studies are still few but the results are promising, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect playing a role in the regression of pre-cancerous lesions (here for more info). Finally, it seems that in regions of the world where turmeric is consumed in large quantities (as in India), the cases of lung, colon, liver or stomach cancer are much less numerous.
• Inflammation: this is its number 1 action! Demonstrated by numerous studies after being used for a very long time in holistic medicine, its anti-inflammatory effect is what made it famous. Turmeric is ideal for small benign inflammations such as for people suffering from arthritis, rheumatism, lumbago, uveitis and other chronic diseases.
• As a cataplasm, it calms psoriasis.
• Digestion: turmeric is traditionally used to reduce gastric ulcers and gastrointestinal discomfort related to inflammation of the intestinal wall. Some studies show that it helps relieve irritable bowel syndrome and limits colitis attacks.
• Gingivitis: use turmeric in your mouthwash solution, it is anti-bacterial, relieves and prevents gingivitis and limits the formation of dental plaque (study here). Practical and inexpensive tip for a good oral health!
• Diabetes: in addition to a suitable diet, turmeric reduces hyperglycemia and increases insulin sensitivity, which greatly helps patients with type 2 diabetes. It has been shown that curcumin, in addition to improve glucose tolerance, decrease the presence of pro-inflammatory cytokines and reduce the complications linked to this diabetes such as ophthalmological or cardiovascular problems.
• Multiply its effects with black pepper! It is the ideal combo to fight against inflammation, pain, bacteria and infections. Pepper increases the absorption of curcumin by the body and acts in synergy to reveal the potential of these 2 spices with excellent nutritional properties.
→ To know that turmeric is very quickly eliminated by the body and that only regular consumption can bring visible benefits to our body.
Floribis is an agri-food company founded in 2000, market leader in the production, processing and export of vanilla pods and essential oils in particular.
Since its creation, Floribis has strived to engage in win-win cooperation with local communities in the Sava region of Madagascar. Its processing plant is located 3 km from Vohémar in the northeast of the island. Floribis is the largest employer in the town of Vohémar and a major player in the life of farmers' associations. It combines traditional know-how with the most advanced technologies for a 100% natural and organic production.
Eco-responsible organization: Floribis integrates environmental impacts into its decision-making criteria and in all of its processes. Floribis undertakes to:
- be self-sufficient in energy
- reduce polluting energy consumption
- protect primary forests: a project to restore the ecosystem has been initiated in the Fanambana forest in partnership with the Water and Forest Service -> conservation and planting of slow-growing trees, forest guards, retraining of loggers, etc.
- DMD: 36 months (3 years) after the date of production
- Packaging: kraft bag
- Storage: at room temperature, in a cool, dry place. Close the bag tightly or place them in an airtight container to limit humidity and the loss of aromas.
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser