The raw & vegan shop for everyone
Natural fruit sugar made from organic grapes. 660g jar.
After years of searching for a natural sweetener that is minimally processed, environmentally friendly, convenient to use, and has a good taste, we have finally found our gem!
Higéa fruit sugar is made from organic grapes. It has a neutral taste and a high sweetness level (twice as sweet as white sugar). Its liquid texture blends perfectly into all preparations, whether in raw pastries, smoothies, or in your tea.
Thanks to its low glycemic index, you can sweeten without feeling guilty ;)
🍬 How to use it?
It's very simple: 1 teaspoon of fruit sugar equals 1 standard sugar cube (5.95g).
Or, 2 teaspoons of fruit sugar equal 3 teaspoons of agave syrup
(in terms of sweetness).
Its liquid texture can withstand both high and low temperatures during cooking, and it incorporates easily without clumping or separating. Unlike artificial sweeteners, it leaves no aftertaste. There's really nothing more to say; it's an ideal alternative for all your cravings and recipes: yogurt, cocktails, sweet and savory sauces, raw tarts, energy balls, infusions, granola, marinades, ice cream, and more.
🍬 A very low glycemic index
As a reminder, the glycemic index (GI) indicates the ability of a given food to raise blood sugar levels. It helps anticipate blood sugar spikes (which generally occur around 30 minutes after ingestion) and is closely monitored by individuals with diabetes, among others. The higher the glycemic index, the faster the carbohydrates are digested, leading to a larger blood sugar spike.
GI of white sugar = 70
GI of maple syrup = 54
GI of agave syrup = 30
GI of fruit sugar = 11.9 (as low as a vegetable!)
Higéa fruit sugar is one of the natural sweeteners with the lowest glycemic index in the market. Without compromising the sweet taste, it doesn't cause blood sugar spikes, thus reducing the risk of snacking, fatigue, and even mood swings or skin issues associated with excessive consumption of refined sugars. It helps our bodies break free from sugar dependence by stabilizing post-meal blood sugar levels.
The benefits of fruit sugar come from its natural replacement of regular sugar in your preparations, without causing the discomfort associated with it and limiting blood sugar spikes. Its composition contains 95% fructose and 5% glucose.
Regarding blood sugar, it is a natural phenomenon in our bodies: when we consume carbohydrates, blood sugar levels rise (more or less quickly and intensely depending on the meal, type of carbohydrates, amount of fiber, fat, etc.). Our pancreas then secretes insulin to manage this variation and ensures that unused glucose is stored in the liver, muscles, and fat cells. A few hours later, blood sugar levels decrease under the action of insulin and can fall below a certain threshold, leading to hypoglycemia, which gives us the sensation of hunger.
Consuming excessive amounts of sugar leads to strong blood sugar spikes that have negative effects:
- physical and mental fatigue: the process of digestion and the pancreas secreting insulin require energy. Our bodies focus on this task and have fewer resources for other functions.
- cravings: a high blood sugar spike leads to subsequent hypoglycemia a few hours later. The body, having received a significant dose of sugar, demands more glucose to function (glucose being the fastest source of energy to use). This is why we may feel hungry between 10 and 11 a.m., for example, after consuming a breakfast rich in simple carbohydrates (white bread, jam, fruit juice, etc.). If our blood sugar is not stable, we experience sugar cravings throughout the day between meals.
- risk of diabetes: if the pancreas is frequently overworked, it may become unable to secrete insulin properly, resulting in trapped sugar in the bloodstream. Over time, this can lead to insulin insensitivity, hormonal issues, or even type 2 diabetes.
Our fruit sugar allows you to consume products with a sweet taste (naturally) without causing significant blood sugar spikes.
Feedback about the main sugars:
- fructose: it is found in large quantities in fruits and honey. It has a high sweetness level. Fructose has sometimes been criticized because manufacturers have used (and abused) fructose syrup, which is pure, highly processed fructose. This type of syrup can be detrimental to the body, causing insulin resistance, oxidative stress, and fatty liver infiltration, increasing the risk of overweight and diabetes. However, when combined with glucose and of natural origin, fructose does not pose any health problems.
- glucose: it is the fuel for our brain and is essential for the majority of our body's functions. It serves as the basis for calculating the glycemic index (GI = 100). Despite its high glycemic index, its sweetness level is relatively low.
- sucrose: it is a combination of glucose and fructose and is found in white sugar. It is extracted from beets and sugarcane.
Higéa est une jeune entreprise qui s'est donnée pour mission de mettre en avant les alternatives aux sucres raffinés. Face à la surconsommation de sucre blanc et à l'augmentation de l'obésité, l'équipe d'Higéa bouillonne d'idées pour remplacer tous les produits sucrés du quotidien par des alternatives à indice glycémique faible (sirops de fruit, confitures et bientôt caramel et pâte à tartiner). Leurs produits suscitent un vif intérêt auprès des personnes diabétiques.
Leurs valeurs :
• Promouvoir le savoir-faire des agriculteurs français et européens (en offrant un débouché aux fruits de second choix).
• Lutter contre le diabète et l’obésité en offrant aux consommateurs une alternative plus saine que les sucres industriels.
Ingrédients : Sucre de fruits biologiques issus du raisin, eau.
Fabriqué en France. Les raisins sont cultivés majoritairement en France, origine Espagne possible.
Packaging : pot verseur en plastique (squeezer), 660g.
DDM : 12 mois après fabrication.
Mode de conservation : après ouverture, se conserve à température ambiante dans un endroit sec à l’abri de la chaleur (entre 5°C et 25°C).
|Valeurs nutritionnelles moyennes||100 g|
(dont 95% de fructose et 5% de glucose)
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser