Organic white quinoa from Anjou - 5kgs
Organic white quinoa from Anjou, ideal for germination. Bag of 5 kgs.
ORGANIC WHITE QUINOA TO GERMINATE
French sector "Quinoa from Anjou"
ORGANIC WHITE QUINOA FROM ANJOU
Little gem of nutrition and taste, we wanted to re-offer you some quinoa to germinate. We have opted for our French land, which produces one of the easiest quinoa to germinate. No saponin extracts so there is no need to rinse it before the germination. Easily and in less than 2 days you can use the sprouted quinoa in all your recipes.
Quinoa has been cultivated for 6000 years. Originally from the Andes, it was a sacred seed for the Incas. It is part of the beet and spinach family (chenopodiaceae). In France, it is cultivated since about ten years and it supplies now 1/4 of all the quinoa consumed in our country. The real asset of French quinoa is the absence of saponin, which usually gives a too bitter taste to the seed.
Its mild nutty flavor goes well with any dish. It is also the fastest seed to germinate! No more need of cooking to preprare a delicious raw tabbouleh for example.
Soaking : 2 hours
Germination : 24h to 48h
CAUTION: Do not germinate it for too long as it will taste bitter (48 hours maximum, after half a day of soaking).
• Gluten-free, it contains as much fiber as whole grains (8%), which satiates the stomach and stimulates transit.
• Rich in iron, magnesium, phosphorus and manganese as well as in group B vitamins, it promotes digestive and nervous balance.
• Its high protein content (16%) means that in naturopathy, quinoa is considered more as a protein than a cereal! It contains all the essential amino acids, which is rare for a seed.
• It is also a weak starch with a low glycemic index, more easily digestible.
• It also contains two flavonoids (quercetin and kaempfeol), powerful antioxidants.
• It has 5% essential fatty acids, including omega 3.
To make the most of all its benefits, we advise you to eat it sprouted and, even if you prefer it cooked, to sprout it beforehand.
Sector : Quinoa from Anjou
Concerned by the environment and involved in responsible farming, the producers from Anjou grow the quinoa in accordance with strict and supervised specifications. Naturally produced, without herbicide, the quinoa from Anjou is sown in February and harvested next summer in accordance to the ancestral methods.
The producers are gathered in a cooperative, the Agricultural Cooperative of Pays de la Loire (CAPL). It enables the farmers to diversify their crop growings, to bring them a technical support and to secure their incomes. Several years of agronomic research and variety selection were necessary to test the resistance of the varieties to bad weather, insects, illnesses and to appreciate the quality of the seeds. Experiments are still happening : "For now, Anjou seems to be the most suitable area for the culture: neither extreme heats nor big colds, not too much humidity in summer. The trials done in Brittany showed that humidity doesn't enable the quinoa to finish its cycle. On the contrary, the areas located inland go to quickly from "too cold" to "too got", which disrupts the development of the plant. I think we need to control first the technical process here, in Anjou, before to expand the culture to other regions", explains Jason Abott, pioneer of French quinoa - he experiences 40 varieties of quinoa on his plots.
Proximity and quality, the organic quinoa of Anjou has everything to seduce us!
- DMD: 24 months after the date of production
- Packaging: the packaging is of 5 kgs
- Delivery: all carriers can be selected
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser
Be the first to ask a question about this product!