Fresh organic sea lettuce seaweed
Fresh organic sea lettuce seaweed, in bulk of 1kg.
Fresh organic sea lettuce seaweed, in packaging of 1kg.
Sea lettuce (ulva lactuca) is a marine algae that is green, very widespread in the Atlantic Ocean, where it is harvested all year-round. Fresh, its soft leaves enable people to make wraps containing vegetables and preparations. Its full-bodied flavor, close to the taste of sorrel, will brighten your salads and seasonings, giving them a concentrate of chlorophyll and energy! It can be consumed after two desalting baths.
Impossible to poison yourself with seaweeds preserved in salt! The only thing which can happen is the fact that the algae becomes soft more quickly in contact with the preserving salt and it can become more crumbly after a few months.
Desalting: your algae are preserved in salt. Take the desired amount of algae to eat directly as a salad or in another recipe. Soak briefly in water for a first desalination. Rinse, and then discard the water. Let then soak for a minute in enough water amount. Rinse. If the algae does have a too salty taste, rinse a third time.
- Its content of C vitamin is 8 to 10 times superior to the orange and its A vitamin content is 2 times higher than the cabbage.
- It contains 10 times more iron than spinach, and 10 to 20 times more calcium than milk.
- 10 times richer in magnesium than wheat germ, a consumption of 20 grams of fresh sea lettuce provides you with all of your daily needs in magnesium!
- Its high content of antioxidants makes it a star food in the prevention of some cancers and cardio-vascular diseases.
To know more about our algae and where they come from, watch our two reports filmed in Roscoff in Finistère (Brittany), at our partner BRETALG, pioneer of fresh organic Breton algae. True to our values of transparency and integrity, we wanted to show you in video all this sector from the harvest to your plates.
Manual harvesting on the foreshore – From May to October
- DMD: 6 months after the date of production
- Delivery: the algae shipment is carried out in just-in-time production, sometimes a few extra days are necessary to process your order, depending on the day we get new fresh supplies. The algae support easily several days of travel outside the fridge, even during periods of hot weather, thanks to their packaging in salt bath.
You will receive an email on the day of departure of your package, then your tracking number the next day.
The algae can slightly give some water back during the transportation despite a double-wrapping zip. This rarely happens, but if your carton box arrives wet, it is not a major problem, please accept your package and contact us by email to take stock of it. In 10 years we have always found amicable agreements, but the refusal of fresh goods means that the goods are lost and we want to prevent these cases.
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser
Be the first to ask a question about this product!