Fresh organic dulse seaweed
- 1 Kg
Fresh organic dulse seaweed, in bulk of 1kg.
Fresh organic dulse seaweed, in packaging of 1kg.
The first traces of the culinary use of red algae (palmaria palmata) goes back to 1400 years! This wild algae multiplies in the Atlantic and the North Pacific oceans, and is harvested from June to October.
Its unique taste close to the hazelnut, sweet and slightly peppered, will flavour and decorate perfectly your salads, sauces, soups. It will enable you to make easy tasty and original algae tartares.
It can be consumed after two desalting baths. Impossible to poison yourself with seaweeds preserved in salt! The only thing which can happen is the fact that the algae becomes soft more quickly in contact with the preserving salt and it can become more crumbly after a few months.
Desalting: your algae are preserved in salt. Take the desired amount of algae to eat directly as a salad or in another recipe. Soak briefly in water for a first desalination. Rinse, and then discard the water. Let then soak for a minute in enough water amount. Rinse. If the algae does have a too salty taste, rinse a third time.
- Like all the seaweeds, the dulse concentrates all the minerals and trace elements from sea water. It is particularly rich in iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron (up to 5 times more than in spinach!)
- The dulse seaweed contains as much proteins as in soybean (20% to 35%). It also has a high content of A, B6, B12, and E vitamins, which makes it a food of choice for vegetarian and vegan diets. It is nicknamed the "bacon from the sea" because of its color and its smoky flavour.
- It is a source of particularly digestable vitamins, to such a point that it is called "natural antibiotic" ! Its richness in C vitamin (two times more than in an orange) is what explains why it was traditionally taken on board by the English sailors, in order to protect them from the scurvy.
- Powerful antioxidant, it helps to prevent the development of some cancers (breast, colon, prostate) as well as the appearance of cardio-vascular diseases.
- Its detoxifying, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties make it an excellent anti-parasitic.
To know more about our algae and where they come from, watch our two reports filmed in Roscoff in Finistère (Brittany), at our partner BRETALG, pioneer of fresh organic Breton algae. True to our values of transparency and integrity, we wanted to show you in video all this sector from the harvest to your plates.
Manual harvesting on the foreshore : from April to November
- DMD: 6 months after the date of production
- Storage: 6 months in the fridge
- Delivery: the algae shipment is carried out in just-in-time production, sometimes a few extra days are necessary to process your order, depending on the day we get new fresh supplies. The algae support easily several days of travel outside the fridge, even during periods of hot weather, thanks to their packaging in salt bath.
You will receive an email on the day of departure of your package, then your tracking number the next day.
The algae can slightly give some water back during the transportation despite a double-wrapping zip. This rarely happens, but if your carton box arrives wet, it is not a major problem, please accept your package and contact us by email to take stock of it. In 10 years we have always found amicable agreements, but the refusal of fresh goods means that the goods are lost and we want to prevent these cases.
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser