Organic basil seeds
Basil seeds to germinate, in doypack of 250g
Organic basil seeds to germinate, in pack of 250g
Organic basil seeds to germinate in 250g - Delivery anywhere except DOM-TOM
Basil is a well-known aromatic plant in Mediterranean cuisine. Originally from India and very popular in Europe since Antiquity, it has many medicinal properties, the main ones being digestive and sedative. The mild taste of the sprouted basil seeds will recall the one of its leaves but slightly more spicy. Like the adult plant, its germinated seeds will tastefully accompany tomatoes, salads, olive oil, sauces and southern flavors.
CAUTION: Basil seeds are mucilaginous seeds and cannot germinate directly on an airtight flat surface. They require a substrate, and cannot germinate properly in the absence of the germination medium which stabilizes the gel they produce.
Biovie has developed small hemp germination mats specifically intended for the germination of mucilaginous seeds in the Easygreen automatic sproutor. These rugs are available on the store.
Soaking: 1 hour
Germination: 15 days
• Its high content of vitamins (A, B, C), minerals (iron, magnesium, calcium, copper and manganese) and flavonoids (lutein, zeaxanthin) contributes to the fight against free radicals and oxidative stress, thus also giving it anti-aging properties.
• Its particularly high level of A vitamin makes it an ally of choice for eye and skin health, as well as for the protection of the lungs. Basil is also an excellent respiratory drainer.
• Neuro-vegetative regulator, it promotes nervous relaxation and helps relieve migraines and insomnia.
• Its high potassium content also helps regulate blood pressure and its K vitamin content ensures good blood clotting.
• Diuretic, it fights against constipation.
• Like its essential oil, sprouted seeds of basil have many molecules (eugenol, citronellol, linalool, limonene, terpenol ...) with anti-spasmodic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Its antioxidants are being studied for their protective effect against radiation, and their potential for hepatic regeneration.