Dehydrated wakame seaweed
Wakame seaweed, in flakes, dehydrated at low temperature
Wakame seaweed, in flakes, in packaging of 150g.
Wakame seaweed, dehydrated at low temperature, in 150g.
In partnership with Bret'Alg, these Ecocert certified wild algae in flakes are hand-picked and dried at low temperature (40°C) at our exclusive request to preserve all their benefits. Use them instead of herbs to season your dishes, salads and sauces or add them to your juices and smoothies for a bunch of energy!
Dehydrated wakame enables you to enjoy the properties of wild algae.
Wakame is very rich in nutrients; it contains:
- vitamins: A, B1, B3, B6, B12, B2, B9 and K (like all algae), B5 (pantothenic acid)
- exceptionally soluble fiber: a serving of fresh algae can bring you 8% of the recommended daily amount of fiber; concerning dehydrated algae, fiber could represent 35-50% of their weight
- trace elements: calcium (wakame is ten times richer in calcium than milk); it is an excellent source of magnesium, potassium, iron, copper, manganese, phosphorus, iodine, zinc
- fatty acids like omega-3
- antioxidants and in particular fucoxanthin, a carotenoid pigment that gives it its brownish color
- phytosterols, compounds that chemically look like cholesterol and prevent the body from absorbing it
To learn more about our seaweeds and where they come from, watch our two reports filmed in Roscoff in Finistère, at Bret'Alg, our partner, pioneer of fresh organic Breton algae. True to our values of transparency and integrity, we wanted to show you in video this whole process, from the harvest to your plates.