Organic cinnamon stick - low temperature
Low temperature dried organic Ceylon cinnamon stick, 200 g
Ceylon cinnamon stick from organic farming
Ceylon cinnamon is one of the noblest and most aromatic varieties of cinnamon. Unlike Chinese cinnamon, the most common, it has subtle and developed aromas, a sweeter, more refined flavor.
Cinnamon is used in savory and sweet cooking, for infusions, desserts (the famous cinnamon roll), soups, traditional dishes (tagines, curry...) or to bring heat to a more classic dish. It brings comfort and softness, while invigorating our body and our senses.
We chose the stick format so that its aromas are preserved longer (compared to the powder). You can finely mix the stick to obtain some powder, just before using it: the freshly ground cinnamon will reveal all of its most subtle aromas!
Cinnamon is actually the dried bark of the cinnamon tree. Nothing more. When the branches reach about two meters in length and two centimeters in diameter, the harvest can begin. Cinnamon trees are native to Sri Lanka, and are grown in different tropical regions such as India or Madagascar - where this one comes from.
Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices in the world. It is used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines for its powerful effects.
Its major active ingredients are:
- cinnamaldehyde which is used to treat intestinal and stomach ailments
- cannaldehyde which gives a sweet taste to Ceylon cinnamon when it is incorporated into dishes
- polyphenols which are anti-inflammatory compounds
- the tannin which reinforces the anti-infectious properties.
• Scientific literature has ranked ground cinnamon 4th among the 50 foods with the most antioxidants per 100g serving. Of course we only consume a small amount of cinnamon but it is so concentrated that its effects are felt in small doses. It is richer in antioxidants than many other herbs and spices, including garlic, thyme or rosemary. The various antioxidants it contains help fight against the effects of oxidative stress (see the study here), against cellular aging and help prevent certain chronic diseases.
• Cinnamon is an ally of the digestive system. A cinnamon tea at the end of a meal will support the digestive fire and you will find comfort more quickly. It is often used for minor problems such as flatulence, diarrhea, indigestion and nausea.
• Type 2 diabetes is a disease that is caused by insulin becoming less and less effective in regulating blood sugar levels. Cinnamon has long been studied to help people with this condition: it can lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. By normalizing insulin levels, it helps maintain good health for patients and delay the onset of disease in those at risk (accompanied by medical supervision). In people supplemented with cinnamon, a study shows that it caused a significant decrease in blood glucose and certain blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL cholesterol).
• Cinnamon can help stop excessive bleeding by aiding the body in the clotting process. It also helps increase blood circulation and improves tissue repair. These properties may be particularly helpful in regenerating heart tissue and thus fighting heart attacks and strokes.
• Anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory effects thanks to cinnamaldehyde: a powerful broad-spectrum antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiparasitic. You boost your immune system by adding cinnamon to your cooking! It would also make it possible to preserve certain foods longer.
• Cinnamon shows very promising results in the fight against Alzheimer's disease and could help reduce neurological lesions and tumors. It would stimulate brain functions. This study takes up all the proven and yet to be proven benefits of this powerful spice with multiple uses.
Floribis is an agri-food company founded in 2000, market leader in the production, processing and export of vanilla pods and essential oils in particular.
Since its creation, Floribis has strived to engage in win-win cooperation with local communities in the Sava region of Madagascar. Its processing plant is located 3 km from Vohémar in the northeast of the island. Floribis is the largest employer in the town of Vohémar and a major player in the life of farmers' associations. It combines traditional know-how with the most advanced technologies for a 100% natural and organic production.
Eco-responsible organization: Floribis integrates environmental impacts into its decision-making criteria and in all of its processes. Floribis undertakes to:
- be self-sufficient in energy
- reduce polluting energy consumption
- protect primary forests: a project to restore the ecosystem has been initiated in the Fanambana forest in partnership with the Water and Forest Service -> conservation and planting of slow-growing trees, forest guards, retraining of loggers, etc.
- DMD: 36 months (3 years) after the date of production
- Packaging: kraft bag
- Storage: at room temperature, in a cool, dry place. Close the bag tightly or place them in an airtight container to limit humidity and the loss of aromas.
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser