Raw sauerkraut with organic dulse algae
Fermented cabbage with fresh Dulse algae, 550g
CRUCKLES x BIOVIE EXCLUSIVITY
Raw sauerkraut with organic "Dulse Vita" algae
It is with great joy that we introduce to you a BIOVIE x CRUCKLES exclusivity! The first real raw sauerkraut with fresh algae in France!
With its 20% Dulse algae - made in BRETALG - and its gently lactofermented French cabbage, Dulse Vita is an amazing product for both your taste buds and your microbiota. It combines the acid taste of sauerkraut with the marine and slightly peppery taste of dulse. A combo that twists salads, sandwiches & co in an instant.
Unpasteurized, you benefit from the advantages of lactofermentation AND those of fresh seaweed. For this reason it is also advisable to keep the jar in a cool place.
Fermented foods are highly recommended for the well-being of your digestive system. In addition to improving digestion, providing you with probiotics, fermentation improves the bioavailability of certain nutrients.
We advise you to consume a small amount of sauerkraut each day rather than a single meal based on this food.
In this video, Eric interviews one of the major figures of living food in the United States, an outstanding specialist in enzymes and lactofermentation Viktoras Kulvinskas:
Lactofermentation reveals the flavors of foods and promotes the balance of the intestinal microbiota. Vegetables stay alive, are more easily digested and are detoxifying… and delicious!
Balance of the intestinal flora: the main asset of sauerkraut is its concentration of probiotics. Good bacteria that enrich, regulate, rebalance your intestinal flora. Thanks to them, you will find good intestinal health and we know that the digestive system is our 2nd brain! Taking care of it with probiotics improves many functions of your body.
- Better digestion: lactofermentation makes cabbage fibers much more digestible than when it is raw. It is therefore strongly advised to eat fermented products for people with an easily irritable digestive system, especially because of the fibers.
- Strengthens the immune system: already in the first century BC, Greek medicine recommended fermented cabbage against infectious diseases. Today studies have proven that probiotics stimulate the production of antimicrobial compounds, that they reduce the effect of pathogens and prevent autoimmune reactions. They are also effective in combating antibiotic resistance. In short, a cocktail of benefits to boost our immunity cells!
- Reduction of inflammation: sauerkraut, with its probiotics, influences the increase and regulation of cells that control the body's inflammatory pathways and take action against infections, and against food allergic reactions.
- Cognitive protection: the intestine and the brain are closely linked, they both regulate the production of hormones in our body and act in synergy. The bacteria will have a modulating effect on the production of nervous messages, in one way as in the other.
- Low in calories, it is also rich in fibers and minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium...).
- Antioxidant: crucifers (including cabbage) are known to be good allies against cancer, in particular thanks to their antioxidant power. It is provided by phytochemicals, such as sulfur compounds, isothiocyanates and indoles.
CRUCKLES, the new generation fermentation
Cruckles was launched in 2019 by 2 young people from Marseille. There's Julien, a cook by training, he's the creative genius of Cruckles: he made us test more than fifteen recipes for sauerkraut with algae! And there's David, a double graduate in neuroscience and business management, he's the thinking head who takes Cruckles ever further. The adventure is off to a good start for our two high-quality cooking enthusiasts who wish to become the reference in lactofermented, gourmet and surprising products. We can only encourage and support them!
How did they get started? Coming back from a trip in South America, Julien became very interested in plant-based cuisine and in particular fermented foods. As for David, he let himself be seduced by entrepreneurship after a year as a student-entrepreneur. The pooling of their skills and their values has led them to answer to real societal challenges. They want to democratize this natural preservation technique by putting all of Julien's culinary expertise into fermented vegetables. And because taste is not enough, they undertake a positive impact approach: the products are designed and manufactured in France, in their workshop based in Marseille, and they participate in supporting the local and French organic sector in the sourcing of vegetables.
We met them at the Natexpo show and were immediately seduced by their energy, their ambitious state of mind, like their fun and colorful jars.
Packaging: Glass jar of 550g
Ingredients: White cabbage* (79%), Dulse algae*, Salt**.
*ingredients from organic farming.
**Nature & Progrès labeled sea salt.
DMD: to consume within 3 weeks after opening.
Storage: in the fridge before and after opening
Ces produits pourraient vous intéresser